10.21.2014

15 Ways to Use Coconut Oil

So if you are a fan of my blog, you know by now that I am a huge fan of coconut oil.  I use it for everything, especially my beauty secrets.  In an earlier entry, I wrote about the benefits it posses which helped me to sooth and acne breakout I was having.  In another entry, Dry Skin Be Gone, I explained how to get beautiful hydrated skin (and scalp) with it. I absolutely love what it does for my skin, but I cannot get enough of how well it works in so may other areas.  Here are 15 additional ways you can use coconut oil.

  1.  As a dietary supplement to help fight candida and boost hormone production
  2. To kill yeast or yeast infections.  Coconut oil contains caprylic and lauric acid, which is excellent for combating yeast infections (fungi and bacteria) both internally and on the skin. You can take a teaspoon daily or apply it topically.  Be careful with ingesting, start with small doses to make sure it doesn't upset your stomach
  3.  On feet to fight athlete’s foot or fungus
  4.  There is some evidence that regular ingestion of coconut oil can help prevent or reverse Alzheimers
  5.  A small amount can be rubbed into real leather to soften and condition (test a small area first)
  6.  As a cuticle oil to soften dry skin around nail beds and promote nail growth
  7.  Ingesting coconut oil daily can help with allergy symptoms
  8.  As a luscious tropical massage oil that's not too greasy
  9.  As an eye-makeup remover
  10.  As a makeup brush cleanser.  The oil helps cut through the dir.  Just mix 1 part oil with 10 parts water and allow brushes to soak overnight. 
  11.  As a pan greaser.  Use coconut oil in the place of other oils such as canola, vegetable or even olive oil because these oil can be hazardous to cool with past certain heating point.  Coconut oil is not affected and therefore a safe alternative.
  12.  As a Thyroid Supporter - Regular coconut oil consumption has been shown to support healthy thyroid function.
  13. As a lubricant.  Yes, no KY needed.  Coconut oil will get the job done and is all natural
  14. Furniture polish. I know, how did I go from making love to oiling up the wood (well kind of the same, lol).  Use this in the place of your furniture polish for a deep condition.
  15. To oil door hinges.  I actually tried this by chance and it worked wonders.  The molecular stucture of coconut oil is smaller than most other oils allowing it to "get in there." 
These things worked for me, saved me money and kept me green at the same time.  Enjoy!  How do you use coconut oil?

0 reactions:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes