11.22.2014

Staying Positive When You're Feeling a Struggle

Geez, the title sums it up.  I have been feeling a little down for the last couple days and honestly, I am not quite sure why.  The weather is getting colder and I am definitely not a winter person, but I am not convinced that's the reason for this dull ache between my eyes and lowered feeling of ambition.  I realize, all I can do is work towards a better feeling and I figured I'd share this concept because I am not the first person to preach feeling good and being joyful; but we all have "off" days.  The question is, what can you do to make it better, more positive? 

Earlier I mentioned working towards a better feeling.  Let me explain, when you are sad, or mad, or feeling spiteful; it is not always reasonable to turn these emotions off just like that, but what you can do is step into the feeling that's a little better than the one you're having at that moment.  For example, I was listening to a woman on talk radio and she explained how she got out of her depression after her mate of 10 years left her.  She simply started making herself feel a little better by thinking, "he's leaving me, but not for someone else."  Now, some may not see much progress there, but if she took one step out of depression or shame and another into say, apathy, well that's a better feeling and the next step will be better feeling than the last until she gets back to "joy." Sometimes you cannot immediately leap from sadness to joy.  In fact, sometimes, we don't even know why we are in sorrow to begin with, but all we can do is take one step at a time into better feeling places.  Feeling angry, well, move your feeling to pride, then courage, then... well you get the point.  All of these emotions come from the energy we emit and in return, gives us a feeling that matches the energy we are amplifying. Sitting at my desk, writing this entry is helping me to move from neutrality to reason and love merely off of the idea of helping people who are feeling like me, blah.

Remember, being positive does not mean being the happiest person in the room, but what it does mean is that you will work to find positive and expansive thoughts to help lift you back up when you have fallen down.  If that means going to see your niece because she makes you smile, or calling your grandfather because you know he has something clever to say... do it.  Being positive means creating positivity even in the face of adversity, one feeling at a time.

0 reactions:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes