1.07.2015

Naked by New Year: The Journey

As promised, I wanted to take the time to document my journey through Naked by New Year, my 90-day challenge to my friends, family, and followers, which challenged those who took the journey with me to whip their bodies into shape before 2015 instead of waiting to make a typical, result-less resolution after the new year has begun. As a result, not only did I get a great jump start on an improved version of myself, but I started seeing other women (mostly) transform before my eyes as we all posted to Instagram and Facebook with hashtag #nakedbynewyear.  This journey was about more than being physically fit, it was about discipline, mindset, and overall growth.  So here are some of my results:

I lost a little over 8 lbs.  I started at 132.6 lbs. and ended at 124.2 lbs.  My starting goal was to lean out and drop some of the excess fat on my body.  Those 8 pounds have made all the difference in the way I feel and look.  My arms have slimmed down by and 1.5" and my stomach is flatter than it has ever been.  I still have some cellulite to shed, but that will happen in the next phase of detoxification.



Here is what I did on my journey:  When I began, I went extreme in the gym. I went every single day for the first 21 days and I was weight training, in addition to cardio workouts.  The reason this was important to my program is that I had to give myself something to look forward to, some results.  Sometimes it is hard for us to be consistent in improving ourselves when we see no reward, so I made it a point to give myself something to look forward to.  Within 7 days, I was already seeing some weight loss and I was getting stronger.  By week two, I was doing 25 modified push-ups with no problem and the third week I was onto regular push-ups.  Progress.

Also, I modified my meals.  I was drinking anywhere from 3 litres to 1 gallon of water daily.  This is the single most convenient and easy way to help flush your body of toxins.  As some of you may have seen in my previous post, Choose Herbalife, I started consuming Herbalife shakes too.  I took those consistently once or twice a day for the first 2 months and then switched to a low carb breakfast (2 boiled eggs, tomatoes, and avocado) during my third month, December 2014.  FYI,  I started back on Herbalife shakes for January and will most likely alternate the shakes and a low carb breakfast each month from here on out. 

Lastly, I have been staying more active in daily activities.  For example, I will walk a couple laps through my neighborhood when I go out to check the mail.  I also walk to a lot more places like the post office or grocery store.  Anything that will get my heart rate up.

The regimen definitely means putting in work so don't think I am saying it is easy, but the fornula is simple.  Just stay with it!




0 reactions:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes