3.22.2012

Lady Gaga Inspired Me

Watching Oprah's Next Chapter with Lady Gaga and I must say... Lady Gaga has inspired me! I have always taken a liking to Gaga, but I am not sure why this interview with Oprah struck such a nerve.


When Gaga was asked about her personality, she referred to herself as "a lot of people" and I totally understand her, even more, I relate to her. I feel the same way about myself; strong, calm, controversial, angry, giving, loving, freakish, and maybe even lousy at times. At one point I began to think, "is it just me" that had thoughts like this? It was refreshing to hear a megastar seem so relate-able. Since I was a little girl, my mother always told me I had four personalities. She'd say "Girl, you're a Gemini if ever I've seen one!" That was her way of saying that I was flip-floppy... Heather one minute, but Ms. G the next! In her eyes, I was the type of person that you'd never know what you were going to get. It seemed so wrong back then, like something was "off" with me, but as I matured, I realized it was interesting. Sometimes I feel like a first lady and other times I feel like a ladykiller, up for anything... but guess what, nothing's wrong with that!

"Sometimes I feel worthless." Stefani (Lady Gaga) said this with such conviction. Do you ever feel like that? I mean sure, we all want to show our independence and strength, but isn't vulnerability a part of being and finding wholeness? Without the pits, how do you find the peaks? So yes, Lady Gaga Inspired Me!!! She confirmed my flip-flop, never know what you are going to get, hi-low personality. She inspired me to be me, 100 percent, all the time!

Who's your inspiration?

0 reactions:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes