2.25.2012

How to Look Comfy-Cute



To my ladies on-the-go, the secret to looking discreetly delicious is quite easy, but let me say... not
quite as simple as tossing on old scrubs and a VCU sweatshirt. Although being understated takes little effort, it does take some effort. For me, I find myself in my favorite stretch pants or jeans, hair pulled back into a nice ponytail, and a slightly over-sized sweater grazing my buttock! And in case you are wondering, this look is easy to change up with a simple change of cardigan or shoe. See below how I simply changed my boots and sweater.


Quick, easy, and extremely comfortable! What on-the-go mom or student in a rush couldn't benefit from such a put together, yet, carefree look? And for those of you who cringe at the idea of taking the time to do your makeup, let me assure you, on most days it takes me less than 5 minutes to do mine. Determine your best feature, mine are my eyes, so I always line them up and apply a little mascara. Next I wisp on a bronzer to warm up my cheeks and lastly apply a little tinted gloss or chap stick to complete my look.

Movie star sunglasses always gives your look a more polished effect, but they aren't necessary.

Tips to fast, get your butt out of the house, looks:
  1. Make sure you always have black t-shirts, tank tops, and leggings on hand. They are always a great base for a fast, put together look.
  2. Invest a little money in some cardigans (which you can use for work as well) and comfy (but cute) sweaters or tee's (for the warmer months).
  3. Be sure to have a go-to hair style for those days when you need to get up and move. Mine is a messy bun or pony tail, some of my readers may even appreciate me including the idea of throwing on a wig.
  4. Have a makeup regimen that takes no longer than 5 minutes to apply. This is easy to do: As I said before, determine your most prominent feature. If it is your lips (for example), make sure you always apply a gloss, lipstick, or lip conditioner. Then, if time permits, tackle your eyes and/or cheeks.
  5. Last, but not least, accessorize a little. Sunglasses or nice earrings will do the trick!
Viola. Hope this helps ladies!

0 reactions:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes