3.30.2015

Motivation Monday: Oprah Wasn't Built In A Day

Ha! When I saw that quote "Oprah wasn't built in a day," it immediately snapped me into reality because like many of us we feel that success comes fast and easy.  Truth is, it doesn't!  Long hours and diligence is what builds momentum and eventually, true success and recognition.  With that usually comes money and sometimes power, but we must all realize that there is a road that has to be walked before we even begin to scratch "success' surface."

Take me for example.  I started my AskHeatherG Blog in 2009.  Unfortunately, I wasn't diligent in my postings because of my mindset and ill preparation.  In the beginning, I thought that my following/ readership was going to come quickly and in droves, but when I saw that it wasn't I was discouraged.... that easily, I was knocked off of my game.  However, I now realize that losing faith in what I was doing because I wasn't seeing the result I wanted to see, was the fastest way to postpone my vision.  For a moment, I was caught up in the idea of my blog not generating a substantial income.  Then I was suckered in by trying to write on topics that got more "clicks," like celebrity gossip and fashion, and while those topics are of interest to me, living a healthy and beautiful lifestyle is what I have been placed here to share with you. I quickly realized that gossip and the superficial isn't true to my calling or my message (not in the context I was sharing it).  Yes, I am still on a journey to building continuous success through both my blog and online boutique, but I have learn a valuable lesson along the way.

If anyone knows Oprah's story, you 'd know that she literally built her career one day at a time.  She wasn't worried about competition, she was simply focused on what made her soul smile.  With that mentality she has built an empire, but better believe, it took 10+ years before she even saw a paycheck that looked half as good as anyone working a job fresh out of college.  The struggle is real and my only advice is stay true (and consistent) to it and yourself.

Good Luck!


0 reactions:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes