4.04.2012

When In Doubt, Lie

Sounds bad to tell someone to lie right??? Hmmm... I'm not so sure. Let me explain.

Today I woke up with this story on my mind. I heard about this married woman who worked in the health care industry. Recently she had a male intern assigned to shadow her at the hospital where she did her daily routines. However, the woman realized she was compromising her marriage being that she was attracted to the handsome young intern and could tell he shared the same attraction. Being responsible, she had the intern moved to another wing of the hospital and resumed her work, alone.

Here's the part that bothers me; when she told her husband about the ordeal, her husband lost his mind. Sure, I can understand the fact that he was upset about her having such a strong attraction to another man, but it is unreasonable to think that our mates will NEVER find another person attractive. So, in this case, should she have omitted these details? I'm thinking so. Why should she have to endure the backlash of doing the right thing? I know a lot of you are probably saying that "you should always tell the truth," but let's be honest, should you... really... always?

If you notice, I said "omitted" above. Let's be clear... usually omissions are lies. Now I am not denying that they are useful sometimes (lol) and I am also not saying that an omission may merely be a slip of your mind, but... if you blatantly omit details in hopes of hiding or masking the truth, that, my dear, is a lie. In the scenario above, I respect her truth, but if it were me, I'd be apprehensive about ever telling my hubby the truth about situations like this. No one wants slack for doing the right thing.

Moral of the story, don't be so quick to jump down your partners throat when they tell you the truth about their life, issues and obstacles. Think it out. And if you are the one divulging the information, think twice before you do so. When in doubt... lie! *shrugs shoulders*

2 reactions:

Clara Turbay said...

i´m happy with your blog. Come to check out mine.

Unknown said...

if this was I, I would have not said the attraction part, some details are best left unshared.

Diary Of A Shallow Black Girl

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes