2.29.2012

Open Relationship, What?


Was it me, or did we all hear Evelyn openly tell Chad it was ok to cheat once they were married as long as she knew first hand? Like Tamar Braxton would say, "Wha Wha Wha Whaaat?" I could hardly believe it. Is this what relationships, more importantly, marriages are becoming? I am not knocking anyone who decides to have an open relationship. I mean, it isn't for me, but a relationship is not a marriage. Isn't opening your marriage the complete opposite of what a marriage represents? Webster's definition of marriage states: the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law. Keyword, "a," meaning a single man or a single woman!


Are we becoming so brain washed by society and "reality" TV that we are overlooking the important things in a union? Sure it looks fabulous to see Ev sporting the latest LB's and it is cool to see Chad buy her the coolest car on the lot, but at what cost are you willing to pay for these things? Infidelity? Is there some sort of rule that tells women if they do not have a serious, committed relationship by 35 to take the highest bidder? I'm confused. When did this become ok? And the fact that she was not happy to have to tell Chad to "keep it real with her," only confirmed in my head that she is merely settling?! Really Girl?

As they say, you can't knock it 'til you try it, but since that isn't in my future plans I'm going to have to rely on the accounts of Jada Pinkett-Smith, Emily B, and Karrueche. Doesn't seem like a picnic to me, hmmm. This raises another issue; if your mate cheats, do you leave or stay? You maybe surprised at what I'd have to say about that, but check back to see what I think.

What are your thoughts on an open marriage?

2 reactions:

christian said...

hii dear your blog looks amazing!
well I think a relationship should be between people, otherwise it is a friendship with benefits.
xo

mydutchfashionstyle.blogspot.com

AskHeatherG said...

Thanks so much Christian and yes...I agree about a friendship with benefits!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes